Virtual Private Networks
Harness the power of the internet
How Virtual Private Networks operate
A Virtual Private Network takes a public internet connection and "tunnels" a secure connection through it. Using this tunnel you have a secure connection to the office or to a branch office. There are two types of VPN. One type is useful for telecommuters or mobile employees who need to access data within the corporate network from their PC or laptop. The other type is useful for companies who have multiple offices or branches and would like to securely connect them over a public network such as the internet.
Implementing a VPN can help reduce your costs while improving network security and employee productivity.
Consider implementing a VPN if you are:
- Currently using a leased line or other broadband connection
- Accessing your network from home or from the road without using proper encryption and authentication techniques
- Adding a new branch or office within your company
- Equipping mobile sales staff with laptops or handheld computers
- Establishing a relationship with a partner company that will require them to access data within your network